Thursday, December 26, 2013

Twelve Days of Christmas Reflections - Day 2


“The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” 
(which means “God with us”). Matthew 1:23

Today I am still in the birth narrative as I look at the name Immanuel. As Matthew tells us Immanuel means "God is with us." As I think of God being with me I feel His presence through His people. Recently so many people have stepped up to help me even when I didn't realize I needed it. Just a few examples: the friend who took over Children's Chapel a few Sundays ago so I could do other things I needed to do and take a deep breath; the Parish Intern who worked so diligently to put together the program she helped lead even while she worked full time and took exams at seminary; the Parish Life team who helped me serve lunch and hot chocolate to Kids’ Club despite the fact that I had previously assured them that I would do all the work and the friends who helped with the kids in the Christmas Eve program. (You all know who you are, thank you!!) There they were reminding me that I am not alone, that God is with me and God is with you often in was you don't realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment